Skim Milk – Calorie Savings
How to Save Food Calories and Lose Weight By Drinking Skimmed Milk
Calorie Savings – Weight Loss – Skim Milk
Choosing the right milk/coffee whitener is important if you want to save calories and lose weight.
Don’t forget, in order to reduce our weight, we need to reduce our calories-in until they are lower than our calories-out. Exercise helps us to increase calories-out but we can also reduce calories-in by making better food calorie choices.
Higher Calorie Example – Skim Milk
- 1 tbsp half-and-half contains about 20 calories.
- If you drink 4 cups of coffee a day, that’s 80 calories.
- Or 29,200 calories, per year
Choose Lower Calorie
- 1 tbsp skim milk contains 5 calories.
- That’s 20 calories per day; 7,300 calories per year.
If you substitute skim milk for half-and-half in this way, you save about 60 calories per day, or 21,900 calories, per year.
Weight Reduction Consequences of this Calorie Saving
21,900 calories per year is the equivalent of 6.25 pounds of weight.