Salad Dressing – Calorie Savings
How to Save Food Calories and Lose Weight By Using Lower-Calorie Salad Dressings
Calorie Savings – Weight Loss – Salad Dressing
Choosing the right salad dressing is important if you want to lose weight.
Point is, in order to reduce excess fat and lose weight, we need to reduce the amount of calories we consume until it is LOWER than our calories-out. Exercise helps us to achieve this (by increasing calories-out) but we can also reduce calories-in by making better calorie choices.
Calorie Example – Italian Dressing
- 2 tbsp creamy Italian dressing contains 165 calories.
- Twice a week, that’s 330 calories per week.
- Or 17,160 calories, per year
Better Calorie-Choice – Zero-low-cal Dressing
- 2 tbsp Zero low-cal dressing contains 5 calories.
- That’s 10 calories per week; 520 calories per year.
If you substitute low-cal for creamy salad dressing in this way, you save about 16,640 calories per year.
Weight Reduction Consequences of this Calorie Saving
16,640 calories per year is the equivalent of about 4.75 pounds of weight.