When Do You Need to Reduce Weight?
Do You Need to Lose Weight – Checklist
You need to diet when your weight makes you feel uncomfortable
To see if YOU need to lose weight, answer these questions:
- Are your clothes getting tighter?
- Are you depressed at the sight of your naked body?
- Do you hide your body in baggy clothes?
- Do you feel less confident because of your appearance?
- Do you hide your body from your partner?
- Is ‘clothes shopping’ less fun than it used to be?
- Are you more tired than you used to be?
- Does your weight sometimes put you off going out?
- Do you suffer from regular heartburn, indigestion or constipation?
- Do you find it difficult to walk for 2 miles?
- Do you get depressed about your weight?
- Has your doctor ever advised you to lose weight?
If you answered Yes to four or more questions, then your weight is causing you discomfort, so maybe it’s time to make some changes.
The difference between overweight and obese
Being overweight is not unhealthy. It’s only when we become seriously overweight or “obese” that we run an increased risk of illness. For more about health risks, as well as the “Body Mass Index” method of assessing weight, click Body Mass Inde