Milk – Calorie Savings
How to Save Food Calories and Lose Weight By Drinking Low-Calorie Milks, Like Skimmed
Calorie Savings – Weight Loss – Milk
Choosing the right milk is important if you want to lose weight.
Point is, in order to reduce excess fat and lose weight, we need to reduce the amount of calories we consume until it is LESS than our calories-out. Exercise helps us to achieve this (by increasing calories-out) but we can also reduce calories-in by making better calorie choices.
Calorie Example – Milk
- 5 oz whole milk on cereal contains 93 calories.
- If you do this four times a week, that’s 372 calories per week.
- Or 19,344 calories, per year
- 5 oz skimmed milk contains 45 calories.
- That’s 180 calories per week; 9,360 calories per year.
If you substitute skimmed milk for whole milk in this way, you save 9,984 calories, per year.
Weight Reduction Consequences of this Calorie Saving
9,984 calories per year is the equivalent of about 2.9 pounds of weight.