Energy & Fat in Mayonnaise
Fat and Calorie Content of Mayo
- Mayo contains about 80 per cent fat.
- 1 tbsp contains about 12 grams of fat and 110 calories.
Time Taken to Burn Off the Calories in 1 Tablespoon of Mayo
- Aerobics (active) – 14 minutes
- Golf with trolley – 36 minutes
- Dancing energetic 16 minutes
- Jogging 5mph – 13 minutes
- Swimming steadily – 13 minutes
- Walking 3mph – 22 minutes
Note: These figures are approximate. They are based on a 150 pound woman.
For more information about fat & calories in all popular foods, see:
Mayo & Weight Loss
The calorie and fat content of regular mayo is too high for most dieters. A sensible daily fat quota for a 1200 calorie diet is about 30g/day.
So 1 tbsp mayo used up about 40 per cent of your fat allowance.
If you adore mayo but want to lose weight, choose a low fat variety.
But go easy.
An Easy Diet for Life
If you’re looking for a healthy diet plan you can follow for life, choose Anne Collins Diet. It includes advice on all important weight loss issues, like motivation, exercise and eating habits. Perfect for healthy weight loss and long term weight control.