1. The diet includes full cooking instructions and TONS of different recipes.
2. The diet includes a range of food substitutions plus eating-out advice.
3. The diet includes complete information on calories.
Here is a sample menu from Anne Collins Low GI Diet. Depending on your gender and how much weight you have to lose, you may increase the standard calorie-intake up to 2000+ calories per day, by choosing from a wide range of calorie-controlled snacks/extras.
Cereal with Seeds, Walnuts and Fruit [Calories 290]
1 Shredded Wheat biscuit
1/2 cup non-fat milk
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
4 chopped walnuts
1 apple, chopped
Cover wheat biscuit with the milk and top with seeds, chopped nuts and apple.
1 orange [Calories 70]
Grilled Ham & Swiss on Rye and Fruit [Calories 340]
1 slice rye bread or whole wheat bread
1 oz low-fat Swiss cheese
3 oz deli ham
1/2 tsp honey mustard
4 cherry tomatoes
1 kiwi fruit
1. Toast the bread on one side, under broiler. Spread the non-toasted side with the mustard.
2. Put ham on top, and cover with cheese. Broil until cheese melts.
Low-fat yogurt, handful of walnuts or almonds 
Broiled Chicken Breast, Lentils and Vegetables [Calories 344]
5 oz skinless, boneless, chicken breast
1/2 cup cooked lentils
1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli
1 cup fresh or frozen green beans
1. Spray the chicken with cooking spray and broil until tender.
2. Serve with the cooked lentils and steamed or microwave vegetables.
Extra Daily Allowance
1/2 cup fat-free milk (or equivalent)
Total Daily Calories: 1189
Your daily meals on this diet contain an average of 1200 calories. Depending on your gender and how much weight you have to lose, you may increase this to 2000+ calories, by choosing from a wide range of calorie-controlled snacks.