Here is a sample menu from Anne Collins Low Carb Diet. Depending on your gender and how much weight you have to lose, you may increase the standard calorie-intake up to 2000+ calories per day, by choosing from a wide range of calorie-controlled snacks/extras.
304 calories, 11g carbs
Scrambled Eggs w/Veggies and Whole Wheat Toast
3 tsp light butter
1 small, chopped red pepper
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1 tbsp shredded low-fat cheese
1 slice whole wheat toast, 1 tsp light butter
1. Heat 2 tsp butter in non-stick pan, add veggies, cook for 2-3 mins.
2. Whisk eggs, add to the pan and cook gently until just set.
40 calories, 2g carbs
1 oz roast turkey wrapped round celery or carrot sticks
340 calories, 24g carbs
Tuna & Apple Mayonnaise
6 oz water-packed tuna, drained
1 medium apple, diced
1 tbsp low-fat mayo
4 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 cup sliced cucumber
1. Place salad ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mix the tuna and apple with the mayo and pile on top of salad.
35 calories, 6g carbs
1/2 cup strawberries top with 1 tbsp Cool Whip or Cream
345 calories, 7g carbs
Chicken Pesto, Green Beans & Tomato
6 oz (raw weight) boneless, chicken breast
1 tbsp pesto sauce
1 oz low-fat cheese
1 medium tomato, halved
1 cup cooked green beans
1. Cut slits in the chicken and coat with pesto sauce.
2. Place chicken and tomato under hot broiler, cook, turning once for six/seven mins each side.
3. Top chicken with cheese and place under broiler until cheese melts.
4. Serve with the green beans and tomato.
40 calories, 1g carb
1 cup sugar-free jello topped with 2 tbsp Cool Whip or 1 tbsp cream
Total Carbs & Calories
Calories: 1104 calories, 51g carbs
Your daily meals on this diet contain a minimum of 1100 calories. Depending on your gender and how much weight you have to lose, you may increase this to 2000+ calories, by choosing from a wide range of calorie and carb-controlled snacks.