Calories in Fat
- Fat is a high calorie food. There are
9 calories in each gram of fat.
- Fat contains more than twice the number
of calories in protein or carbohydrates.
- From a weight loss/calories viewpoint,
all fats are equally 'bad.'
- Low-calorie diets are usually low in
- If you are trying to lose weight, it
is best to reduce your intake of high-fat, high-calorie foods like butter
(80 percent fat), mayo (75-80 percent fat) and oil (100 per cent fat.)
- Fast food is generally high in fat and
- Fat-free foods are not necessarily low
in calories. Many fat-free sweet products are high in sugar and therefore
high in calories.
- From a health viewpoint, not all fats
are equally 'bad'. Monounsaturated fat may contain the same calories
as saturated or hydrogenated fat, but it offers clear health benefits.
Even so, the Food Pyramid Guidelines and official US Dietary guidelines
recommend that all fats should be eaten sparingly.
Personal Weight Loss
When you join this
Weight Loss Program, you become part of a wonderful weight loss community
with full access to the No 1 support forum on the Internet. Anne Collins'
calorie-controlled diet-plans include: low calorie, low cholesterol, low
carb, vegetarian as well as her best-selling GI Diet. Plus you get great
tips on easy calorie savings, diet-motivation, what exercise is best for
calorie expenditure, what exercises burn most calories, how to adapt your
calorie-intake according to your weight, information about nutrition,